SAM Chest Seal
The SAM® Chest Seal is an occlusive dressing designed to treat open chest wounds. Available with or without valve. The valved version features a one-way valve when its cap is removed. This provides for low resistance flow of air out of the chest cavity while preventing ingress. The dome design protects against occlusion from direct external pressure. Optimized for night vision. Includes a highly and rapidly absorbent 5″x9″ pad to help clean the wound.
- Larger tahn other occlusive dressings, its oval shape maximizes the surface area of the seal, and its transparancy, elasticity and conformability ensure effective adhesion.
- Tabs facilitiate the proper placement and removal of adhesive, with the ability to vent and reseal.
- Strong Hydrogel adheres in the presence of blood, hair, sweat, and sand, or when submersed in water.
- Reinforced dome-shaped, one-way valave allows airflow from the chest cavity no matter the patient’s position, preventing ingress and reducing internal obstruction from blood, clots, or soft tissue.
- The thin edge layer resists lifting or peeling, maintaining a formidable seal.
- Optimized for night vision, the packaging, pouch, dressing backing, and tabs provide ideal contrast for visibility in normal light, low light, and night conditions (using a night-vision device)