WCB Level 3 BVM (reusable) Only
The complete WCB Level 2 First-Aid kit requires a Bag Valve Mask (BVM), which is sold separately from the kit. There are two options, a reusable and a disposable one. The reusable one must be autoclaved after each use, but can be employed multiple times on different patients. It has the following specifications:
- Sometimes known as an ambubag.
- Is a hand-held device commonly used to provide positive pressure ventilation to patients who are not breathing or are not breathing adequately.
- This device is a required part of resuscitation kits for trained professionals.
- The BVM will help to avoid cross-infection for blood, vomit and secretions.
- Comes in infant, child and adult sizes.
- Silicone, can be used multiple times.
- Can be autoclaved for sterilization.