BVM (Reusable) Specifications
BVM (Reusable) Description
- Stands for “Bag Valve Mask,” abbreviated to “BVM.”
- Sometimes known as an ambubag.
- Is a hand-held device commonly used to provide positive pressure ventilation to patients who are not breathing or are not breathing adequately.
- This device is a required part of resuscitation kits for trained professionals.
- The BVM will help to avoid cross-infection for blood, vomit and secretions.
- Comes in infant, child and adult sizes.
- Silicone, can be used multiple times.
- Can be autoclaved for sterilization.